What Da Cover Says: A collection of “side-splitting” jokes collected from dads around the world, all of whom think they are hilarious
Why did the banana go to the doctors?
Because he wasn’t peeling very well!
Proving the age-old maxim that “it’s in the way that you tell them,” dads have always been renowned for being truly godawful joke tellers. Whether it’s telling them at the wrong moment, misremembering the punchline, or it just simply being a terrible joke to begin with, dads are an embarrassment to the whole family when it comes to trying to be funny. This collection is full to the brim with jokes that only dad would dare tell—jokes that will make you groan, sigh, and then probably groan again. Dads take great pleasure in these kinds of jokes and some of them are so terrible they blossom into actual ribticklers—but don’t tell your dad that, it will only encourage him.
What I Says: I got this as a father’s day present, a book of Dad Jokes, well I did the only sane thing a Dad could do….I made sure the family suffered as much as possible by reading out the worst, most cheesy jokes in the book. Things I’ve learnt from this book:
- Dad’s seem to love a joke if somebody has something on their head, like a spade or a truck. The most numerous jokes feature this subject matter.
- Half the jokes in this book would get you cancelled on twitter if you were to share them on there, maybe this is why I was given the book…I spend too much time on there?
- I am a successful Dad because I knew a huge amount of these jokes.
- You can confuse the hell out of anybody by telling them the following joke: Q: What’s The Difference between a duck? A: One of it’s legs is both the same.
- I’m going to give this to my Dad next Father’s Day and create a sort of reverse inheritance.
Some of these jokes were pure stupidity and some were new to me and still make me chuckle when I think of them. Here is the worst one and the best one:
WORST: Doctor: You appear to have a steering wheel attached to your groin. Patient: I know, and it’s driving me nuts.
BEST: Q: What’s acoustic? A: It’s what a Scottish farmer uses to control his cattle.
The book may have been awful and made me cringe so much but I did have fun reading it and remembering jokes I’ve not heard since I was a kid. So thanks to my kids for getting me this.